Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Mower lawnmower racing crap...







So my racing lawn mower has been coming along pretty well so far. I have a month left to build before the first race. I also need to get in some testing time to make sure it doesn't blow up on the track. These racing mowers are essentially built like a crude car. They must have custom-built brake, steering, and powertrain systems. The biggest problem I've run into is that the majority of my fellow racers were born with welding torches and wrenches in their hands. So I've had to do a lot of catching up just to get mine running.

The build to date includes a brake system, hubs, wheels, a modified transmission, a modified front steering axle, and a set of rack and pinion parts , steering axle, wheel, and so on. half of the steering has yet to be installed.

We also have to race with the decks on, which is a challenge because I only have a small truck and will need to make the deck removable. Below are progress pics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home