Monday, March 05, 2007

Fun band.



I feel a little sheepish mentioning these guys since it would seem to be an outright promotion of my home city, but I heard these guys live on the Blue Plate special ( wdvx.com) one day and honestly, they sounded amazing. They are called Brent Thompson and his wandering circus.
The lead singer I believe is from Knoxville, lived in San Fran for awhile, then moved back to Knoxville, got a huge group of knoxville musicians together, and play shows all over the place... dressed as clowns. Something like 15 people in the band? So the sound is amazing. What I really liked is that their sound is amazingly complex and rich. Lots and lots of thoughtful layering and just great music all around. Unfortunately, they are not published ( yet) and I believe have a CD coming out. Anyhow, they do have a myspace page. Check em' out when you have a spare minute.

Brent Thompson and his wandering circus

1 Comments:

At 7:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You write very well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home