Thursday, October 20, 2005

new flash 8 stuff.



I started playing around with flash 8 and did some cheesy stuff on some pieces I was working on. Man, I love it! The best part is that it really speeds things up. I am used to making shadows the old fashioned way, using layers, and shape cutouts. You can do so many nifty things. On the xmas lights here, I used a combination inner glow, shadow, drop shadow, and inner shadow to make the lights look more dimensional. This was one of my 1st proojects in it, so it might look tad crude, but you get the idea. It also really helps the edge quality of images too. I'm used to having to cut out the ragged edges of imported jpegs and so forth. This is an issue for me because the file sizes have to be tiny, thus I dont have the luxory of using other formats that would look cleaner. Great version so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home